Random Quote

How can I believe in God when just last week I got my tongue caught in the roller of an electric typewriter? - Woody Allen

Sunday, February 14, 2010

My Struggle With God

Damn there's a lot of chaos in here. People coming going eating dying drinking lying. There are bits of torn paper lying on the ground. This weird looking guy walks in with this weird spiral metal thing in his hand. The second he enters there's silence. All eyes turn to him and the only sound that can be heard is that of a silent breeze gently rustling the torn paper that litters the floor. He utters a monosyllabic word - utter nonsense. Everyone stares at him enraptured like they understand exactly what he's saying and couldn't agree more. As he turns to leave, everyone else also gets up to leave, to follow him. Through a momentary crack in the mass of bodies, I get a glimpse of without: A hundred million people standing there looking at the weird guy.

Once they've all walked out I'm left alone at last. The chaos has ended. At least physically it has. In my head its still a torrent of thoughts about why? what? how the hell? how was it so easy for the rest of them? I mean on some level I want to accept it. Accept Him. But then I think, what's the point? So I can thank Him each time something good happens and damn Him if something bad happens? What happens to what I did? But then I think it would be so much easier if I just left the room and joined the masses in believing in Him. In believing in His power. In believing in the comfort that His existence would provide me.

But where's the fun in that?

No comments:

Post a Comment