Random Quote

How can I believe in God when just last week I got my tongue caught in the roller of an electric typewriter? - Woody Allen

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Caws And Effect

Some people believe that the sight of a solitary raven is considered good luck. However more than one raven together predicts trouble ahead.

Don’t you hate it when stuff like that comes true? Especially when it happens to you. It’s like there’s some force in this world that you can’t control. Like there’s something or someone out there that has a very morbid and sadistic sense of humour. Like that person is just sitting back and marveling at the genius of their plan to cause you as much misery and suffering as humanly possible while you just have to try and cope with it. And sometimes that ‘Someone’ sitting back there gets just a little trigger-happy. Like a little boy stepping on ants in the sandbox. He keeps on missing. The ant ducks through another hole. Dodges another blow. But eventually, that shoe will come crashing down. The ant will be driven to the edge. It will lose all control. It will want to kill that thing up there that causes it so much pain and suffering. But alas, where does that anger go? That rage. That loathing. It has to come out somewhere. And so it does. But it comes out on the person you don’t want to it to come out on. It comes out on someone you love. And then because of it, you get sent in. Into that termite mound with all its tunnels and tributaries. And at the heart of it all, there is that black hole where you will be sent. That festering mound, made of people like you. People who, when life got too much for them, let all those pent up emotions out on the wrong person. Or should I say, people like me?

Name: William Sean.

Age: Thirty-two.

Sentence: Death.

If you are standing in the crowd today, that is the only way you will ever know me. You will know me as the man who murdered my sister. You will know me as the sinner. You will think you know everything about me that counts. However, you will not know me. You will not know me as the loving husband, the protective elder brother, the loyal policeman. I despise you. It is all of you who should be sent to the gallows. You are the sadists the world should get rid off. The people that take joy in the pain of others. The people who laugh and clap when a man’s life is taken. Well that’s one thing I definitely will not miss.

I can see the ravens circling. Their black beaks glinting in the afternoon sun. The guttural screeches emanating from within those black feathers. How I wish that there was only one raven in the sky. How I wish…

No comments:

Post a Comment